Mal Way FW190A8R2, Part: II, going for a Diorama.

Mal_Belford

Well Accidents do happen you might say.....

MEEEEDIC.........it fell to the floor almost when i were done with the main painting and about to start pinwashibg highlightning and all that......i deceided to strip it all and fix it properly, since ive havent come that far yet.......

so stripped it all clean to the resin, ill fix it tomorrow, easy peasy, as you all know ive allready changed lots of angles on this figure, now a cold cold white Chardonay wine.....

212dd3.jpg

/Mal

So stay tuned

Allright things done..

That accident, yep leg is in place and patched, ive painted the entire figure using Vallejos only, Modelcolor and Air, heavily diluted, them blue are homebrew color of Vallejo, all this took a while to do to avoud brush strokes, heavilly diluted colors, thin layers many times, never try to cover everything at one brush it is always to much paint that kills details.......

So took 3h to do, the buckets are painted with silverpen color, it is awesome to use and forgiving...

Allright getting closer for variouss washes and oils.....so it can come alive, highlighing and creating shadows.....

also painted thar Iron Cross with outline of silver too, the Verlinden Box Art did not have that, they missed it, but it is there in the casting....

seqd82.jpg

i Might get couple of figures after all....

/Mal

/Mal

Sunday afternoon....

Its still headless lol...

Oils oils, thin layers, drybrushing with oils too, try to create shadows, there is more finnishing touches to do..oh well maybe its a go.....cant do anything about that bad casting of the resin...

IMG_6229_zps838dc81c.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Peter for the kind words

As i said im trying the best i can, but i cant help that the casting itself is poorly done....try to paint and get the effect instead in a way trick the eye.....

/Mal

Allright folks

say hello to my first finnished figure ive ever done......as i mentioned, i cant do anything more cause the poor models them selves, bad casting....this is how far my skills take me for the moment......

IMG_62601_zps884d433c.jpg

I vill shure try them figures again but another manufacture, as ive googled and seen really neat figures with perfect details, wich will be far easier to detail it good.

/Mal

Oh Thanks Martin, appriciate it....

As ive said, my first on many things lol...

Just fooling around with the places on the figure, "Alarm" note this is only dryfitting the figure....

just to get a pic that it whole fits....also seen, remember that gap on the figures back, apptox 3mm, ive used "perfect Putty" for that, also rebuilded the harness with that, it is really great stuff....

IMG_6262_zps5ed65f4c.jpg

/Mal

I just love the whole setup you've achieved, as well as the contrast... absolutely gorgeous. Like I said, photograph this with a foresty background... and edit it to be black and white... I will bet nobody can tell it apart from a diorama and an actual WW2 photograph!

Mal--

Striking! Your eye for detail is astonishing...this is your FIRST figure???

Greg. Thanks for the kind words....

Yes This is my first figure....this is my first one ive ever made....them faces were redone 3 times...

Edited by Mal_Belford

Also...

my sign for that platform....

this is MK1....ill think ill go for roman numbers XII....maybe...just fooling around...not shure, but just to keep the numbers on my builds easier... (FW190A8 R2 is in fact my No 12 since my restart) so just a sign..

IMG_62631_zps3fd0ff25.jpg

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Geez Mal

Just inspiring work No way am I going to believe this is your first go at figures.

Keep 'em coming.