Help needed on Cybermodeler 1/32 109E-4 parts.

SeaVenom

I'm making Schopfel's aircraft and I'm wondering if I use part A15 or A14 in the cockpit. Do I use parts E6 and B13 on the engine and where do I place bomb N (I take it you can use either bomb N or P on Schopfels aircraft?).

I understand I should have made 2 holes on parts A2 and A16 (the main fuselage parts) but it didn't say on the instructions so I didn't make them.

Hello

I strongly sugest that u dont use underfuselage storage for the Schopfels maschine. Marking for his plane are from the Bob and at that time they still didnt have 300L drop tank in use (part N). As for the bomb it was use at the late stage of Bob but only with the specialized Jabo staffeln that each Gescwader was given order to make.

Hello

I strongly sugest that u dont use underfuselage storage for the Schopfels maschine. Marking for his plane are from the Bob and at that time they still didnt have 300L drop tank in use (part N). As for the bomb it was use at the late stage of Bob but only with the specialized Jabo staffeln that each Gescwader was given order to make.

Thanks for that Lud. So I'll leave that off. Silly me I was forgetting it was a drop tank and not a bomb.

I've had no luck with Google but looking at the box art it looks like Schopfels aircraft should have part 14 in the cockpit. If anyone knows if this is correct or not, and about the 2 engine parts i'd be grateful if you could let us know.

I think u should use part without additional armor over head . This is Schopfel plane after shooting down 4 Hurricanes on single mission on 18.08.1940.

As u can see on lower photo it seems that it has early armor plate.

c2gry54hxowcb8ldx.jpg

c2gryqde4br5dfbk5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've got another 2 questions on Schopfels aircraft if anyone knows. The instructions say to paint the main wingtips all yellow (like the tailplanes) but I 've seen someone saying that the main wingtips weren't all yellow but a band of yellow near the edge of each wingtip instead. All of the pictures I've seen of Schopfels aircraft show the tips as all yellow but looking at the last photo lud provided above it looks like there's a possibility that the main wingtip could just be a yellow band.

Also on this photo........

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fhZZ63PRjhQ/TBi4Je96VUI/AAAAAAAABAA/2Wpx7aHKKNs/s1600/schoepfel.jpg

The front canopy side window doesn't look like it has a frame in the middle but the Dragon canopy does. As far as I know the main canopy side window of 109's around this time didn't have the middle frame painted so is it possible that the front frame is there but it's just not visible in this photo? There might be a faint line there but it's very hard to see.

I think the entire wingtip is yellow, its just the difference in height, angle between the parts that make it look different.

Regarding the canopy, yes that line is in the front side section, but is is clear (except for the top and bottom brackets) as it is not a frame, but two parts on the real thing - you can just make it out in the photo.

Doug

Edited by DougN

I think the entire wingtip is yellow, its just the difference in height, angle between the parts that make it look different.

Regarding the canopy, yes that line is in the front side section, but is is clear (except for the top and bottom brackets) as it is not a frame, but two parts on the real thing - you can just make it out in the photo.

Doug

I think you're probably right there Doug. And factor in shadows, how deceptive photos can be too and it can give a false impression. It would look a bit odd too seeing as the tailplanes have all yellow tips.

And so that isn't a frame at all on the front side window.......damn! Unfortunately I've painted it already.

Not having seen many 109s up close I always thought it was a window frame that should be painted. Let me get this right too..........I've seen quite a few people paint the side middle line on the main canopy of 109E's. Is it only later 109's like this 109G......

http://www.pbase.com/bertone61/image/79470427

that should have the centre line painted as a frame?