I'm looking for an ME109E tropical scheme like this....

SeaVenom

I don't believe you have to do a 'what if' model of what you want. There were a lot of 109Es in Africa, I mean a lot,, but not all that many photos. When the Allies started doing ground attacks, it would make sense that the yellow noses were hit or repainted, as well as the blue sides. I have no idea why the Germans had to keep the Theater of operation color bands. If a plane with the yellow Russian Front flew to a White Band Tropical Unit, was the pilot told to go back to the Yellow Band Units? Go figure. But to cut to the chase, paint your Emil without the blue sides, and put on the green blotches, white band, a JG27 emblem on the nose, chevrons, a dash, or any combination of command symbols, or a number, there is a better than normal chance that that plane actually existed. Who knows, you may display it at a German Model Show, and someone might see it and exclaim that that was his dad's plane and want to pay good money to buy it from you. So do it and show us the results. Maybe Eagle Cal or someone will make decals that matches you plane, and sell it so we can make your model. Just don't forget to mount an umbrella over the open canopy as shown in Squadron Signal's Messerschmitt ME-109 Part 1.

My contribution to the cause:

White10_zpsaa479e8a.jpg

Luftwaffe Colors Volume 3 Section 3 pg.235

Others:

White6_zps28aa0e89.jpg

Kagero JG27 Vol.II Inside Back Cover

LudwigFranzisket_zps21b77429.jpg

Osprey Bf109 Aces of North Afrika & the Mediterranean Pg.39. May not be able to see the spinner point very well, but it is white.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mark

My contribution to the cause:

White10_zpsaa479e8a.jpg

Luftwaffe Colors Volume 3 Section 3 pg.235

Others:

White6_zps28aa0e89.jpg

Kagero JG27 Vol.II Inside Back Cover

LudwigFranzisket_zps21b77429.jpg

Osprey Bf109 Aces of North Afrika & the Mediterranean Pg.39. May not be able to see the spinner point very well, but it is white.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks but again yellow front on the mottled.

I don't believe you have to do a 'what if' model of what you want. There were a lot of 109Es in Africa, I mean a lot,, but not all that many photos. When the Allies started doing ground attacks, it would make sense that the yellow noses were hit or repainted, as well as the blue sides. I have no idea why the Germans had to keep the Theater of operation color bands. If a plane with the yellow Russian Front flew to a White Band Tropical Unit, was the pilot told to go back to the Yellow Band Units? Go figure. But to cut to the chase, paint your Emil without the blue sides, and put on the green blotches, white band, a JG27 emblem on the nose, chevrons, a dash, or any combination of command symbols, or a number, there is a better than normal chance that that plane actually existed. Who knows, you may display it at a German Model Show, and someone might see it and exclaim that that was his dad's plane and want to pay good money to buy it from you. So do it and show us the results. Maybe Eagle Cal or someone will make decals that matches you plane, and sell it so we can make your model. Just don't forget to mount an umbrella over the open canopy as shown in Squadron Signal's Messerschmitt ME-109 Part 1.

Interesting points and there doesn't seem to be that many photos as you say. Just the same ones we see over and over. It might be a while before I do it as I might wait to see if CyberHobby does the tropical version in 1/32 (I have the E-4) but what you say is certainly worth doing.

I'm with you now. I got lost in all of the reading and misinterpreted your wants. I'll check again to find out if I have anything in an E that you describe/desire.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I've gone thru everything I own concerning JG27 in North Africa and have come up blank on solid Emils without yellow cowlings.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mark

The same with my efforts on Google. If there were any then there ain't any photos.