f4u

hayaman

Guest Ta152H1

They've just released an US aircraft,after a Japanese and a British one.I seriously doubt they'll release another US subject afterv the P-51.In my opinion they'll show up with a state-of-the art 109 or 190!Not that I'd leave a Corsair on the shelf though!

Cheers

Guest Ta152H1

Start looking for something to hold on to then,because IMHO they will relesase yet another Focke Wulf or Messerschmitt.Yes..yes...we've got Hasegawas,Dragons,ZMs,PCMs,Revells and so on but a 190 or a 109 tooled by the late Tamiya standards would put to pasture just about any other kit offered by the competition.Of course,they'd be priced to the sky (nothing that bothers me the slightest) compared to the rest of the pack but they'd be state-of-the-art and sell like hot cakes.An Emil would prolly be out of the question since we've got even too many to choose from and many of us do have all the AM realeased for them and then some,a Gustav would be an odd choice,given the next-to-be-released ROG new-tool one,but you'll never know.

My guess is a 190,which incidentally is one of the best-selling subjects in all scales.Hasegawa's are OK but if you want to build something comparable to a Tamiya OOB build (I said OOB!) you've got to work hard and get yourself a boatload of AM stuff.

You'll probably leave another 109 or 190 on the vendor's shelf...I'll certainly buy at least ten...and that's what counts for Tamiya.

On the other hand almost anything from Tamiya is a best-seller,so you'll probably buy a 109 or a 190 and I'll certainly buy five P-47 or F4U.I SURELY won't buy a French or Russian subject because I'm not interested the least,ditto for a Jet plane

We could spend the weekend writing about that but it would be just about as useful as trying to light a match scratching it on a bar of soap since what Tamiya's up not many know and those that do ain't telling,as Tim has rightly pointed out!