bearcat

hayaman

Yes, they are correct from every piece of documentation I can find on the subject. If there is a difference its not clearly stated or seen in any of the walk-arounds I have.

The main outward diffs between the F8F-1 and 2 were the exhaust stacks, exhaust shrouds, vertical fin, and slight difference in the canopy config (cross bar re-enforcement) and the rollover bar. Although the rollover bar was retrofitted and appeared on early F8F-1s as well. There are other more minor diffs but they would not be noticeable outwardly.

Word of warning/advice on the aries stuff for the B-Cats.....typical Aires........best resin molding and relief molding in the biz............but fit............thats another subject; especially on the wheel wells. The F8F Aires wheel wells have the same issue my SU-30 Aires ones did; WAY too much height to fit into the wing halves.

They look AWESOME in the model when done, but be prepared to do quite a substantial amount of cutting/sanding on the top of the wheel wells to get them to fit into the Bearcat wings. Well worth the work, but it will be some effort.

HTH,

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Send me a PM here to remind me. I work nights and sleep a lot during the days to recover. If I get a pm it will translate to my E-mail and remind me. Or you can sent me a heads up to bleitch01@hotmail.com and Ill get some of those pics rounded up for you.

There are also some good black and white drawings demonstrating the differences between models.

Brian