Spitfire references?

ChuckT

I took the plunge and purchased the 1/32 Tamiya spitfire from hobby link Japan. In anticipation of it's arrival, what are the best photo references out there for the Mk IX spit? Thanks in advance, Chuck.

I took the plunge and purchased the 1/32 Tamiya spitfire from hobby link Japan. In anticipation of it's arrival, what are the best photo references out there for the Mk IX spit? Thanks in advance, Chuck.

Hi Chuck,

I have quite a few references for spitfires but if I had to pick one for a Mk IX I would choose the Wings

and Wheels Press book Spitfire LF Mk IX in detail.

See this link http://www.wwpbooks.com/index.php?lang=en&page=showbook&book=17

The most comprehensive set of photos of a near original aircraft as you can get.

Cheers

Tim

I am not familiar with that book, and I know this doesn't help, but Spitfire Engineered was on like 75% discount (albeit in error) a while back when everyone on here (and Hyperscale) scooped it up.

This is the book I will be using when I get around to going to town on my IX and VIII.

The book is still on at a decent price at Ian Allan I believe.

Alternatively, for free, and arguably much more useful to a modeller, just follow and try to emulate Wold's build here on LSP.

Thus far I have not seen any Spitfire in any scale that betters his work.

Seriously, it is that good.