Trumpeter SU-27

simmes

And now the serious stuff. ;)

The canopy has a seam!

Sanding with 6000,8000 and 12000 make it disappear.And future, of course.

The main wheel wells are glued in.I put some backing soda/superglue on it,to get more strengh.This is a heavy bird!

The cockpit tub looks not deep enough.But,I´m not sure about it.Have no drawings.Any Flanker experts out there. Anyway,Cuttingneomegablackboxedge will make a replacement cockpit.

The K-36D seat looks good to me.I´m sorry to have no cockpit shots.The batery on my camera was empty :ph34r:

Is there a place for the Scott Murphy super detail stuff? Sure. You need only a good refference.

The Verlinden Look on is good.

And now,back in the basement to put some glue on it.

PSSSTTT:Don´t tell my wife,but I think I fell in love with this bird..... :rolleyes:

Dan

Dan, this size plane will be interesting to display-I assume you will put this withthe F-15 :rolleyes: I like the size comparison with the Tiffy; is that the one you got from chris? nice job there as well. looks like an interesting build, thanks for sharing.

mike in calif

Yes,it´s the Tiffy from Chris.

The old lady must take a break.It´s time for a serious fighter ;)

The canopy is polished and coated with future.You see nothing from the seam,sorry.

Mike,I have no F-15 in my collection.Errr,not right.I have the Revell F-15 and the Academy Flanker.Both in 48.

The Flanker is larger then the F-15E.It´s interesting,the 48 Flanker has many problems.You need putty for it.

The Trumpeter Flanker fit so well........... :rolleyes:

Dan

To most folks, those panel lines might appear a bit "heavy handed", but if you look at the Lock-on book, you will see that the real one is actually pretty poorly put together, panel-wise, and the heavy handed look is pretty close to the real ones! Western fighters are assembled with nary a gap between the panels, whereas the flanker, the flanker has large, dirty gaps. The titanium gun trough looks as if it was a poorly considered add-on, and the fit shows this.

And last but not least,the cockpit.

It´s okay.If you need some good refference use the Verlinden look on.If you need refference for the K-36D seat,use the Sukhoi 22 look on.

With a few gizmos here and there you don´t need a resin seat!

Save your money for good decals.

I hope these Linden Hill set is availble soon..... :)

This is the last update for the next time.

Make a trip to the North sea to get some fresh air......

Dan