1/32 Focke Wulf Fw190D-9

Tudor Gh

Tudor,

looks great

i can't see anything out of place or untoward at all really, save for the white in the decals looks "Hollywood white" (you know, chessey Tom Cruise super-bright-teeth grin white! :speak_cool: ) but maybe that is just the lighting?

your airbrushing skills are certainly top notch, and if i can replicate that sort of control when i (finally) get round to applying the camo on my build, i will be very pleased indeed!

thanks for sharing you work, it was a pleasure

nick

PS what armour you going to do then, and where do you post that?

PPS don't forget to put pics up in the Ready For Inspection forum here btw

Tudor,

looks great

i can't see anything out of place or untoward at all really, save for the white in the decals looks "Hollywood white" (you know, chessey Tom Cruise super-bright-teeth grin white! :beer: ) but maybe that is just the lighting?

your airbrushing skills are certainly top notch, and if i can replicate that sort of control when i (finally) get round to applying the camo on my build, i will be very pleased indeed!

thanks for sharing you work, it was a pleasure

nick

PS what armour you going to do then, and where do you post that?

PPS don't forget to put pics up in the Ready For Inspection forum here btw

Thanks for the feedback! I will still add small touch-ups as time goes. I agree with the "white-ness" of the decals. How do you suggest I should darken them?

For now, I am working on a Panzer IV Ausf H for my friend's birthday, 1/35 scale from Dragon. I plan to build another armor kit for myself, maybe a Jagdpanther, or a Tiger or a StuG. I'm not sure where I'll post it, maybe missing-lynx?

Tudor

If you didn't win with this Dora, you must have been up against some pretty stiff competition, because I think it's gorgeous!

For "dirty" white, I usually use dark brown/black pastel. It should only show up after many applications, so I put some on the brush, then brush most of it off on a towel/tissue, first. Less is more.

Again, excellent job!

John

I agree on the pastel / pigment front

Very in fashion with the armour guys at the moment, and way more controllable than airbrushing - pretty much no risk of catastrophic paint job damage!

I will probably use warpigs pigments on my dora

Problem with preshading is, as I see it, that it is only effective under monotone or light shades, and once you spray RLM70 no way you can see it underneath; AND you always end up with a weathered plane and un-weathered decals

I still did some preshading on my dora btw, as I want airbrush "practice" (I need it!) and am trying new paints

Yes it looks cool on a coat of primer but I'm not sure how much anyone actually ends up seeing!

Definitely give pigments / pastels a whirl: make a mistake and just wipe them off; and when you are happy seal it with a dullcoat etc

Cheers

Nick