bf109g-14/AS

gomer

looking for info on this aircraft i wont be starting for awhile just gathering info and am like cockpit,eduard i.p.,master model gun barrels,resin wheels, correct prop etc.

thanks jerry

post-6447-1272207880.jpg

looking for info on this aircraft i wont be starting for awhile just gathering info and am like cockpit,eduard i.p.,master model gun barrels,resin wheels, correct prop etc.

Which aircraft?: "<+" was a G-10, whereas "Yellow 1" was a G-14/AS. And what information and aftermarket stuff do you have already?

Charles Metz

Which aircraft?: "<+" was a G-10, whereas "Yellow 1" was a G-14/AS. And what information and aftermarket stuff do you have already?

Charles Metz

sorry about that "yellow 1" i have mrds resin cockpit. g-6 resin wheels 600x160. master model gun barrels. eduards i.p.

thanks jerry

looking to find out the difference between g-14 g-14/AS and are the cockpits the same. and did the prop have a spiral on the spinner or a second color of somesort. and the red color on the legs and wheels is there a rlm # or just your basic flat red.

thanks jerry

looking to find out the difference between g-14 g-14/AS and are the cockpits the same. and did the prop have a spiral on the spinner or a second color of somesort. and the red color on the legs and wheels is there a rlm # or just your basic flat red.

Reliable drawings of the Bf 109 G-14 and G-14/AS can be found on Lynn Riger's excellent 109 Lair website. Go to the 109 Lair home page, click "Drawings" in the left-hand column there; click the "Bf 109G" link; select "Bf 109G-14" on the resulting pull-down menu; and then navigate to the particular drawings you want by selecting the appropriate items from the sub-menus.

The '109 G-14 and G-14 cockpits were essentially identical except for perhaps a switch or two, as far as I know. However, the G-14/AS may require addition of Eagle Editions' battery box under its rear canopy. If we're lucky, Jerry Crandall will chime in on this thread to resolve that question.

Eagle Editions' profile drawings and instructions are highly reliable. I'll look for a photo of Yellow 1 when time permits, but given that the profile on Eagle Editions' instruction sheet shows no spiral, I think we can be confident that Yellow 1's spinner had no spiral.

RLM 23 was the red color prescribed for Luftwaffe aircraft markings, so it would seem to be a good bet for the landing-gear legs as well. Here's a photo of the red legs on another late-war '109:

109redleg2.jpg

[credit: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/lofive...hp?t173304.html ]

Charles Metz

Oops,

The Hasegawa ST18 kit is a different variant of the the G-14, than the decal option you've chosen.

Good catch, Steve. I knew Hasegawa's conventional G-14 kit wouldn't work for Yellow 1, of course, but I didn't stop to consider that Jerry might not be aware of that.

Charles Metz

thanks again for all the help and info guys. my LHS located hasegawa kit #08198 should be here in a week. okay now what would be a good resin cockpit recommendation as the one i have is master details mrd-32002.

thanks jerry