Major error found in MY Tamiya F-4E packaging

spindrift007

Hi Guys,

This maybe a biggie, maybe not.

I have found that my Tamiya 1/32 F-4E has the incorrect lower fuselage packed in the box. What I have is the lower fuselage for the F-4J kit.

The F-4J part is longer than the E part and sticks past the top fuselage when dry fitted.

Now this may not be a big problem, as I may just need to cut the extra length off...but are there other differences?

Anyone had this issue?

Now that I have looked at all three Tamiya lower fuselage/wing sections I see differences in length. The difference is both in overall length and at the aft edges common to the exhaust nozzles.

The C/D section is the same overall length as the J.

It is longer at the aft edge common to the exhaust nozzles.

This is to accommodate the shorter exhaust nozzles of the early J-79s used on the B through D.

The E section is shorter in overall length; this is to accommodate the gun fairing.

The length difference is forward of the nose wheel well.

The difference is made up when the nose section with the gun fairing is in place.

It also shorter on the aft edge to accommodate the longer exhaust nozzles of the late J-79s used on the E and J.

The J section is longer forward of the nose wheel well than the E.

It also shorter on the aft edge to accommodate the longer exhaust nozzles of the late J-79s used on the E and J.

Except for the difference at the exhaust nozzles the C/D and J sections appear to be the same.

I’m not sure how difficult it will be to use the J section on the E.

Careful study may reveal it just a matter of shortening the J section to accommodate the E nose section.

Barry :rolleyes: