Question for the Spitfire Experts out there...

Out2gtcha

Im about to embark on my most recent purchase, a PCM 1/32 PCM Spitfire Mk.IXe and converting it to a Mk.XIV with a conversion from RB.

I love the Mk.XIV and know what scheme Id like to do first but cant seem to find what im looking for. I find most all elements of what I want in a lot of schemes that Ive found while looking on the net, but I have not found documentation on a scheme that has have everything I want.

To the Spit experts out there:

Do any of you have or know some one who has documentation/photos of a high back, clipped wing Mk.XIV, in a VE day or pre-VE day color scheme?

Was there ever even such a thing as a highback Mk XIVs in a VE-day scheme with clipped wings?

Oh come on, do this one already!!! it's a lovely scheme :frantic:

Historic%20Flying%20Limited%20Spitfire%20XIV%20RN201%20G-BSKP%20flown%20by%20John%20Romain%20Shoreham%20Airshow%202003.jpg

You are 100% right Ron!

It is the one I originally started off wanting to do, as it is a real beauty.....the only problem is something in me will NOT let me paint an aircraft silver!

I know, i know, its silly, but I originally started off wanting to further my foiling addiction, doing that scheme, but as was my initial thought and as I got reminded on the forums, the original post-war scheme, was painted and not natural.

For some reason I really have difficulty, painting a craft silver when foil looks soooooooooo good on "silver" aircraft. Im just not sure I can bring myself to paint something silver, even though the real thing is painted silver. :)

At the moment I'm still vacillating between schemes. Im just leaning to the earth and brit green camo Mk XIV, as I have not ever (maybe out there but I have not seen 1) seen a 1/32 scale Mk XIV modeled in the brit earth and green camo, nor have I done any camo birds...or for that matter any painted birds in over 2 years.

Cheers,

Brian