Avionix MiG 29 cockpit K-36 Question

mightymax

Hi Folks,

I just picked up an Avionix resin pit for the Trumpeter MiG 29. I have a question as to whether I got a bad casting of the K-36 seat.

You see my seat has what appears to be resin that is draped over the side frames and just comes over the front. You can still see the cushion but the frame of the seat is obscured. It looks like it is meant to represent some sort of material that would blanket the pilot. The only problem is I have never seen a K-36 picture with this. also I have the beautiful TACScale/CAM K-36 and it sure doesnt have this. So for anyone in the know. Did I get a real sloppy molding or is this an actual detail of the K-36 in the MiG 29M???

Thanks in advance!!!

Max bryant

Hello Max,

I have n't seen the bang seat supplied with the Avionix set but what you are describing sounds like part of the webbing and belts attached to the seat.

I built the Aires K36 for my Flanker and there were two larger flaps which were draped over the edges of the seat frame when the straps are placed in the un-occupied position.

See here You can make out the larger portions of cloth hooked back over the metal of the frame.

I guess these larger cloth panels offer more comfort for the pilot.

:BANGHEAD2:

Hello Max,

I have n't seen the bang seat supplied with the Avionix set but what you are describing sounds like part of the webbing and belts attached to the seat.

I built the Aires K36 for my Flanker and there were two larger flaps which were draped over the edges of the seat frame when the straps are placed in the un-occupied position.

See here You can make out the larger portions of cloth hooked back over the metal of the frame.

I guess these larger cloth panels offer more comfort for the pilot.

:D

I see what you are saying but the resin seat does not look that well defined. Is there a picture or review of the Avionix set anywhere with a decent picture of the seat.

Max

Thanks Crash.

Well my seat looks like the one pictured. What is the material along the cushion edges that looks like peeled back metal? I have not seen a picture of a real K-36 with this and I wonder what purpose is it?

Max