Hasegawa P-47 question

GVINCENT

Hello,

My marathon build (I build slow, not superdetailed) of the P-47 continues.

As I was prepping to primer the plane, I inserted the open tail wheel assembly into (the part with the doors molded open and to my surprise the rear of the tail wheel "box" does not fill the entire area. Aft of the box, there is quite a large, unfilled space.

Is this correct or have I somehow missed a part? I reread the instructions and it does not appear to be so. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Thanks!

Gary V.

You are talking about this I assume:

p4710009.jpg

This is a kit part error, and should be addressed if you're going to place the bird on a mirror or flip it over, or enter a contest :lol:

That's exactly what I'm talking about Chris! I had thought to myself, "how did I miss a part that big?!?"

Thanks! Too late to correct it on this one but I have 2 more! By the way, how would you fix that? Filling it with plastic sheet doesn't seem the right way to go.. or would it????

Thanks again everyone!

Gary

It either needs the canvas "bag" to be continued on through that curved area, or you need to build out the well and gear stem. Be warned that the P-47's tail gear is fairly complex and more than likely the reason why many model companies opt for the canvas boot routien.

:lol:

Good luck, tell us how it goes~

• 4 months later...