32 nd scale Hawker Tempest the hard way...

Loic

Hey! I heard that Derek. :rolleyes: !!!! I have here in my possesion, a signed affidavit on Hawker letterhead paper, signed by Sir Sydney Camm that states unequivocably,....and I quote "all Tempest wheel wells will be painted RAF interior green FROM THE FACTORY!" :rolleyes: Oh, wait, I was supposed to say that AFTER he weathered the silver....right,Derek? Bah hah!

Sorry to hijack your thread Loic, but I had to pop in and help Derek give you a "complex". :rolleyes: Gotta go now.

:ph34r:

nice try Russ but it's too late anyway to apply any major correction now... paint job is done and even more.... I thought repainting would be far more difficult indeed. First time I did paint the bay in green, most of the accessories (LG actuators, etc...) were not in place and were painted separately cause I thought it was easier.

When repainting silver, I did fear to meet some problems painting some areas (bellow actuators, etc...) but everything went OK. I then repainted details and weathered the all area.

Once again, poor pics: the weathering does not show much due to brightness of the silver paint... I really must stop say I should learn how to use that dam camera and actually do it but it is supposed to be 100% automatic, autofocus, etc... just have to press the button... anyway, here are some photos

post-3547-1208550680.jpg

So... some of might have noticed I have also progressed on the outer wing so they now have an upper face AND a lower face :ph34r:

I have almost completed these (appart from wing tips) and am working on the lower face/skin of the mid wing. I hope to be able to show some more WIP as soon as I have completed the fill/sand/fill/sand/..... process :rolleyes:

I also have worked on the cockpit, added some radio, batteries, etc.. and progressed the pain. Some pic as soon as I take the shots (hopefully tomorrow).

Cheers and good night

Loic

Still missing is a part of the rear armor plate but that will be fitted at the end, after overall painting so it will be easier to mask the cockpit. :lol:

I am still working on the wings and have managed to get a decent result after a few hours of fill/sand process but I stille need to rescribe and to correct the trailing edge to give this baby its nice elliptical shape... :lol:

More to come later this weekend

Cheers,

loic