Falcon Fokker D.VIII & 1/35 A/C

ssculptor

I love how these forums work. One thing leads one to another.

Charles Metz just gave the Roll Models site link in a post about a tool and I went there and in surfing through their offerings found that they carry the Falcon Fokker D.VIII model. It is a 1/32 vacuform but the price is right, and Roll models has reduced it from $16 to $11.

I have one of these models and it looks a lot more workable than the old ID Models WW1 planes.

http://www.rollmodels.net/standard/catalog.htm

Scroll down the left side of the page until you get to Falcon models.

Also, some guys have been wanting 1/35 A/C and they carry the Nichimo 1/35 Zeke and George.

Stephen,

I've had BOTH the 1/35th Zeke AND George.

IMHO both are miserable kits. Very toy-like and crude. Made from very soft plastic.

These kits may be collectable as I once thought but I sold them as soon as I opened the boxes.

I got high dollars for the kits , but I believe it was for pure collectors and not builders. At the time they were hard to come by.

But you never know what the kit looks like till you open it.

IMO 1/32 looks much better than going with 1/35 OLD kits (Nichimo I believe)

Just my opinion - I couldn't wait to get rid of both.

Jon

Well, it really depends on what you want in a kit, or in a model airplane.

Some guys insist on a kit being perfect in every way so they can assemble it and end up with a very accurate model. Their enjoyment comes in carefully adding on details and doing a superior paint job with weatheing and all.

Some guys do not mind altering a bad kit to make it into a good model.

Some guys really do not care about detail accuracy as long as it is the correct shape and overall size.

Some guys just collect the kits.

Some guys just want the models already built.

I do not want the two kits because I want only 1/32 scale airplanes. But, if there is a model of an airplane in 1/35 scale and it does not exist in 1/32, then I might be tempted to get it, build and paint it and hang it from the ceiling with the rest of the models. From a distance the flaws, and the miinor error in scale will not be noticable. At least not to me; and I am the only person whom I have to satisfy.

Its a hobby that includes many people who have different needs and goals.