Rutmans P-51B resin kit

trooper

I have built the kit and was happy with the results. Jerry gives you a pretty complete kit with a well done canopy. You will need to contend with some dimples and a few holes in the surface of the resin, but this was easily contended with by using some filler of Mr. Surfacer. Tamiya's primer also is a good thing to use to fill in minor defects in the surface. The kit comes with the original style canopy ,but you can order the Malcolm hood also. I completed it over a year ago and the only problem I am seeing with it is that the white metal landing gear is bending slightly from the weight of the kit,and the wheels are not setting quite right. I used the Eduard P-51B detail set in the cockpit even though it was designed for the Revell kit. I also used the P-51D (for the Hasagawa)set to fill in some detail Overall, as with any resin kit- be careful with how much sanding you do with the join lines. I sanded away too much in the wing root area but it turned out very well in the long run. This kit is not a throw together kit-take your time, use your modeling skills and you will be rewarded. If you have more questions let me know. If I can figure out how to send pictures to the site I will do that.

Steve Oakson

I have built the kit and was happy with the results. Jerry gives you a pretty complete kit with a well done canopy. You will need to contend with some dimples and a few holes in the surface of the resin, but this was easily contended with by using some filler of Mr. Surfacer. Tamiya's primer also is a good thing to use to fill in minor defects in the surface. The kit comes with the original style canopy ,but you can order the Malcolm hood also. I completed it over a year ago and the only problem I am seeing with it is that the white metal landing gear is bending slightly from the weight of the kit,and the wheels are not setting quite right. I used the Eduard P-51B detail set in the cockpit even though it was designed for the Revell kit. I also used the P-51D (for the Hasagawa)set to fill in some detail Overall, as with any resin kit- be careful with how much sanding you do with the join lines. I sanded away too much in the wing root area but it turned out very well in the long run. This kit is not a throw together kit-take your time, use your modeling skills and you will be rewarded. If you have more questions let me know. If I can figure out how to send pictures to the site I will do that.

Steve Oakson

Hey Steve!

If you are who I think you are, I believe I have actually seen that P-51 (at a regoinal show in Ft Collins last year?)

I was going to post that I had seen one built and it looked really nice.

Regards

--Frank Crenshaw