Amerika Bomber

boness

Wanted to post this here, just to see how bad I screwed this up. First this is my first all resin kit (well except the few vac pieces), and probubly the worst fitting kit I have built to date. It didnt come with any decals, so those are all spares, and it was painted with MM acylics. All the bombs in front are projected neuclear projects the Germans were working on at the end of WWII.

models005a.jpg

models006a.jpg

models007a.jpg

any helpfull hints, criticism, or anything else welcome :rolleyes:

jim

ooooh...interesting choice Jimbo but if was bear of a fit...man you sure nailed it. I think it looks great and the base neat...nice :rolleyes:

Never ceases to amaze me how far ahead the Germans were conceptually. Just goes to show what any motivated, idea fertile, adequately funded and respected scientific community can come up with. Still...whilst it might have managed to make the distance to the States I doubt it would have been an effective strategic weapon. Looks cool though.

Cheers Matty

Thanks Matt :lol: , I actually enjoyed this build (even with the 1/8 inch step at each wing section), and learned alot from it. As for the base, I believe simple, something that adds to the subject, is best. In this case, the weapons of choice for this ac.

I might get flamed for saying this, but the Germans in that era had their stuff in one sock when it came to research. They actually accelerted science, engineering, and technology faster than any other society of the time. Some of the methods weren't too cool though. Enough said before I open a can of worms ( apologies to any one I may have offended).

I think everyone should build this kit,......why....it taught me alot of patience. Also honed my sanding skills :D . Should have bought stock in bondo before I started though.

jim

Not a bad build on what appears to be a fairly clunky kit. Not a very good interpretation of the Horton big bomber.

I'd like to scratch build a better model of a best guess.

While the Germans did do a lot of bleeding edge R&D, the Allies also did a fair bit, but kept their sketchbooks closed after the war so their own wacky and way out stuff have not been seen.

Simularly, there has been a cottage industry going to both puff up even the vaugest napkin sketches or concoct all new "history", like the various atomic bombs, which are a shamless fraud.