Trump 1/24 109 review...

ChrisS

Very, very cool indeed! It is now on my Christmas 'wish list' (which Santa, A.K.A. my wife, is usually pretty good about following #>biggrin.gif). Impressively short list of faults in Brett's review.

But, it is strange too:

1) A duplicate sprue with fuselage halves in clear plastic?

#>unsure.gif 'Sup wit dat? I'd be happier without that extra sprue and $10 off the price tag. Besides, Trumpeter missed the boat on a 'special clear edition' that could have retailed for megabucks.

2) Tall rudder, but no tall fin parts?

#>dry.gif A couple extra fin caps to make up the tall fin would have been nice (like maybe in lieu of that extra clear fuselage sprue?). Looks like we'll have to wait for their K release to get a tall fin included.

I'm not bashing the kit at all - I'm really looking forward to building it! Just pointing out a couple things that really struck me as odd.

I certainly hope that the accuracy of the last 3 releases (F-105F/G aside) continues through their next batch of big kits!

D

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the G-6 and G-2 in the flesh at the local haunt.

All I can say is that I am sold. What I saw in that box was refined, well tooled and extensive. High quality looking pour with NO flashing on ANY sprues, and in the look I had I could not locate a sink mark at all.

Going to be grabbing a G-2 off of Luckymodel.com while the LSP special is running. I'll get a review together when I get the kit in hand.

Cheers~

The tall tail g6/g14 will be showing up soon. It is generic to the kit. U will get the short rudder in the late version i think. The clear sprue well i do not need but hey if uneed some clear for lights and such there u go. I started to play with my 109 a little. I think it is going to require a spreader about were the wingroot is. No probs though it fits great. Also i feel sure they measued and used Black six. If u look at that bird the Brits moved the fuel line from out of the pit, they also changed some wiring form the original bird. U know to bering it flyable in moder times. Well flyable till it was ground looped. I guess that was the last officail 109 kill by the RAF. IT is a darn good model. I am lookin forward to the other (G6/g14 and g10) I really hope they expand this line. I would love to see a P40,47. A and d model 190's hellcats corsair and the list goes on........S!