1/32 Fw190 A8/R2 IV./JG3

Schwarze 1

Some things I forgot to mention...

Other than the decals, the model is built OOB according to the IPMS/USA standards. I'm not sure if they have that in New Zealand though. Sometimes I confuse my scratchbuilt seatbelts (buckles and all) as Eduard pre-painted sets. :blink:

I recommend the EagleCals Decals for anyone building interesting Luftwaffe subjects, they are great and work like a charm! :lol:

I know the blinkers are oversized. So long as they look okay from a distance. I am a junior modeller, so it's all good. :D

Dominic ;)

Hi Dominic,

Congratulations on your Stormbock A-8/R2 of Willy Moritz. He was a very nice man and considerate of his pilots. We visted him in Canada a couple of times and got some great stories. He would have proud to have seen your model. If you ever need reference for the "blinkers" let me know as I have one along with an original canopy. Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Jerry

Wikman,

Why not fill in the big space of time working on your Messerschmitts and Focke Wulfs? I am thinking of working on...

1. The bases for my A8 and F8

2. My 1/72 Ju87 of Oberst Hans Ulrich Rudel

3. My 1/72 P-51B Mustang

I have homework and school to deal with first though,

Dominic

Jerry Crandall,

Thanks for the kind words on my Fw190. I would have been more than happy to meet the man that flew the plane that my model depicts. I don't know if I am going to make another one from the 12th Staffel, but then again I might bore myself to death just building Fw190s. I might deviate and work on Messerschmitts for a change (wait, it's still Luftwaffe... ;) ).

If Chris Novak is 'the ripper', Chris Kirchoff the 'messerschnutt', what about a Focke Wulf fanatic like myself??? B)

I am on the quest in making a Fw190 D-11 in 1/32, and Chris Kirchoff has offered me a set to convert the new D9 kit, but this project I will save 'till my birthday, July 7.

Speaking of July 7, does that date ring a bell in terms of any missions of the Sturmgruppe? (I read in another article regarding the 7th July being the best mission of the Sturmgruppe. And that being the reason I built the Sturmbock)

I'll find time for more photos, so stay tuned,

Dominic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,

I am going to rework the blinkers on my Fw190's canopy.

For the moment they have been removed from the kit part and I will have to make a trip to the hobby shop for some supplies. Unless anyone knows who has the 1/32 Loon Models Fw190 detail set. Apparently a pair of resin blinkers are included in that set. If anyone does know anyone with the set, would I be able to obtain the blinkers in that set?

If not, can anyone send me more pictures of the Sturmbocks canopy blinkers? just so I can get the proportion of the items.

Thanks guys,

Dominic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cymru am Byth,

Thanks for the photos. I will be getting into work, when I'm finished dealing with my assesments.

The base is coming along nicely. I decided to use real grass instead of static grass. I still have to buy the planks but I will be sending pics of the base when I get the opportunity.

Dominic ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're back from a long session of graphics homework and sports :lol:

The IPMS Nationals and Model Expo in NZ is on tomorrow and the Fw190 will get a taste of competition. Along with 7 other models. The blinkers have been remade and an antenna wire has been added (oh, finally!!!)...

I will fill you guys in with pictures at the next post or so,

Dominic