Count me in - P51B Mustang - Red Tail: FINISHED

Adrian A.

I've been trying for two days to get a halfway decent pic of the gun-sight work I've done on 'Ina', but I just can't get it right.

I used the kit sight with the P.E. part from the Waldron seatbelt kit & two clear pieces of styrene. The restored pics of 'Ina' that I have seems to show a fixed ring sight 'hanging' from the canopy or inside mirror. I'll try to put one in after I mount the outside mirror.

This is the best of the 10 shots I've tried.

Sorry i couldn't get it a bit better!

post-177-1175317443.jpg

Last shot of the night is a top view showing the curved shape of the anti-glare panel - That was a bit-o-fun for me!

I'll put another coat of Future on it tomorrow & wrap up the build Sunday.

I won't be getting much done tomorrow as I'll be at my son's house in Baton Rouge helping him boil three sacks of crawfish - we're having a combination crawfish boil & Mona Vie tasting party - it'll be a great day tomorrow!!

Thanks for looking!!

Adrian A.

post-177-1175317809.jpg

'Ina' is finished!!!!

I worked on her for nearly the whole day - it's amazing how all of the little things take up so much time.

This is the finished prop, I'm pleased with it although if I hadn't spent so much time fixing the paint job I may have done a bit better with it.

I'm a slow builder & I always seem to mess thing up when I rush it.

post-177-1175485004.jpg

I did some work on the wheel wells - a little painting & the gear door actuators/hydraulic closers.

Sorry for the blurry pic - it's one of those pics I just couldn't get a good shot of.

post-177-1175485178.jpg

Pic 8

I also haven't installed the pitot tube - I have it & the antennae painted but I couldn't locate the hole for the pitot tube in the wing - I guess it was one of those things that I was suppose to open up earlier in the build. I'll locate it tomorrow & install it & the antennae - & I'll run the antennae wire also.

You may have noticed that the tailwheel is also off - again!

I reglued the tailwheel assembly & let it set for several hours today (You may have noted the yellow 'sticky tack' I had holding it in place in a couple of the shots).

Of course the first thing that happened when I set 'Ina' down to take pictures was the tail wheel folded up - I'll reglue it again in the next few days.

post-177-1175486723.jpg