Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'gtresin'.
I'm back, and hopefully not with another kit that ends up on the shelf of doom. This is a bird that I've been interested in for a very long time, having read Termite Hill and Lucky's Bridge by Tom Wilson years ago, both of which focused on the Thud. I've also recently read Hunter Killers by Dan Hampton about the creation of the Wild Weasels, all of which I recommend for some background info on the F-105 and it's uses. So, after nothing was fitting on the T-28C/D Trojan I'd been working on, and the lack of interest in the plane as well, it's ended up boxed at this point, sitting on the shelf for (hopefully) another rematch someday. Now I've got the F-105G, and a bit of aftermarket, to make some winter time building. Now, the first thing.....this thing is HUGE compared to the other 1/32 kits I've built. It'll dwarf my Corsair and Dauntless, whenever it ends up in the display cabinet. I've picked up a few bits of aftermarket, with the Quintas Studio's cockpit the one I'm most interested in trying. I'm going to see what I can do to combine this with the Aires cockpit, Eduard PE and the kit parts. We'll see how well that works! I also have GT Resin's update set for the Wild Weasel, with a new nose, vertical stabilizer, engine, etc. New resin wheels/tires and also a nice turned metal nose probe to top things off. I'll also probably be needing to find some metal landing gear, as all of this is going to get heavy, plus adding additional weight to the nose to keep this from turning into a tail sitter. Special thanks to @Dragon for sending me some decals a while back that will get used in this build! And....finally, I also picked up something for later, Randy Coopers Blade Runner 2049 Spinner. This will be a challenge, as I've never tackled a full resin kit!
I've been a long time lurker (years). Now that I'm retired and things have settled and I have a modeling area again, so, I thought I would join in. I'm not going to get too carried away but there's a set of Aries Seats coming too. This thing is big! I've wanted to build one of these since Trumpeter released it, so now was the time.
Since I finished my last Tamiya Viper back in 2017 I have wanted to build a more recent Block, and around that time I picked up the Model Maker stencil set for a Polish Block 52 with markings for the 2015 Tiger Meet. Now the time is right--thanks Patrick! I will be converting the Tamiya Block 50 to the Block 52 version. Many of you know much more than I do about the Viper (please keep me honest), but here is what I will need to do: 1. Pratt and Whitney 229 engine (I have the set from the Tamiya Thunderbirds release, and I am ordering a decal set for the carbon fiber petals). 2. This engine used the NSI (small mouth) inlet (I am using the GT Resin conversion). 3. The Block 52 had a larger nose wheel (I will be using a main wheel from the 1/48 UH-60, per Peter Fleischmann's Block 52 build). 4. Extended parabrake (I will either be able to purchase a PWMP set or scratchbuild). I first checked out the resin inlet from GT Resin, and I was impressed with the detail and fit. Next, on to the cockpit. Feel free to follow along! Cheers, Tom
Well, since it looks like I'll be able to finish the UH-1 in time, I've decided to start a kit that at least I have some familiarity with how it goes together. This will be my third Tamiya Phantom and my first D model. I plan to work on it during the down time while the UH-1 is drying or when I want something a little more painless. I will be building it as the London Int'l Airshow version as I was fortunate enough to see the plane in person. In addition to the Speedhunter decal sheet, I have Rhino intakes, GT Resin exhaust cans, Eduard bang seats and cockpit PE, and AMS splitter ramps and chin pod. Carl