Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bearcat'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
    • Aerocraft Models
    • Synthetic Ordnance Works
    • Archer Fine Transfers
    • Hobbynut Models
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL




Found 3 results

  1. OK, Proof of concept is complete. I have the patience and skill to build large scale planes from scratch. So without pause, I'm back at it with the Bearcat. It's not exactly starting today but it has now moved into #1 in the queue , so let's "Get it on". There is some history in other threads, some of which crashed due to the Photobucket hosting issues, but I'm just going to start fresh here with this thread and take it from here. To recap: I have done a considerable amount of work on the engine and landing gear using 3D designs I made so much of that is already behind me. I'm actually
  2. It's been quite some time since I've been active on LSP and busy times are no excuse of course, so my excuses for that. My posting again might drop the overal level, but I have to play my role! Tonight, however, I've managed to finish a kit: Trumpeter's F8F Bearcat. Very nice kit of a really cool looking aircraft. I added just a little detail; the open panel could use some. It truly was a joy to build and the decals are from the box. They went on like a dream, by the way. I used Tamiya and Gunze paint. The dark blue wasn't the easiest colour. It was very transparent and I had to put on ab
  3. OK, I'm in, having bought two Bearcats just for the engines, I have enough bits and bobs about to hack at least one of these kits together, and hopefully rekindle my acquaintance with my airbrush, before I go and mess up the Swordfish!! My idea is to use a Sea Fury prop, enlarge the rudder and wing tips a bit, put Brit Triplex 300lb rockets and cannon fairings, maybe replace the wheels and tyres if I can enlarge the wheel bays a bit, and finish it as a Korean period strike fighter. Tim
  • Create New...