Greymatter SdKfz251/11 conversion

JRutman

Finally getting around to building one of these as my eye lids are a lot better now. Here is the central part of the conversion. It was for the telephone troops and was designed to help them lay cable in combat areas. The Germans relied heavily on field phones and human runners as radios were still fairly unreliable.

IMG_1462_zps71e4b48f.jpg

I have started on upgrading the basic Dragon -1 halftrack here.

IMG_1464_zpsc8bc2562.jpg

I never knew the seatbacks had clamps and could be tilted forward.

I made the canvas tilt support hoops in the stowed position here as well as various radio power boxes and transfers

IMG_1465_zps8139fa4a.jpg

Had to make a radio antennae mount as the -1 version usually had no radio so the kit didn't include one.

IMG_1466_zps6dd45a2e.jpg

Be happy to answer any and all questions as usual,

J

Yours is the first build of these I've seen since they first came out. As always, Jerry, very good work....Harv :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

made some advances here.

The old man is wondering how the spare track shoes are sticking to the vehicle. I must add the wires that would hold them up.

IMG_1576_zps1b742b72.jpg

Made the logs that a lot of LSSAH tracks used. They added them as a bullet trap because early on in Russia they found out that bullets or shrapnel hitting the sloped plates on the side of the vehicle could deflect into anyone near the edge of the crew compartment.

IMG_1587_zps881388f6.jpg

I have also been working on the weathering,etc. I have been away from vehicle models for quite a while and it is cool to see all of the new stuff out there for weathering. I must discipline myself not to over do it though,as I see so many times.

J