MiniArt T-55 with Interior - is this the Best 1/35 Cold War kit?

Eagle Driver

Two days ago was 50th anniversary of the Prague Spring. Although not LSP related, this was very sad moment in the Europe's history and touching for all the countries within the Warsaw Pact. This review was planned for release in the end of next week, but the anniversary and the fact that this tank was one of the main anti-heroes of the events pushed me towards releasing it sooner than planned.

I have heard some stories that the regiment that my father served his compulsory service /he was T-34 driver/ was sent to Prague to participate. I have heard that the tanks /this regiment's, not the Soviet/ were unarmed, but whatever the case was I think it is insulting, especially for the Czechoslovakian people's intellect. And all of the free thinking Europeans of course.

Today I saw an article where it was written that people from Prague torn out the street signs to confuse the army. What a nation, eh? Such a cumulative thinking, such a community self-determination. A true example for what free people should be. And of course - very sad part of the modern European history.

This kit reviewed is a true masterpiece and if we ever live to see an aircraft kit done in that manner, we should be thankful! 

Please comment here or below the video, subscribe to the channel, share and like.

Thank you for your time and I hope you will enjoy!

This is my humble gift to those who suffered then. My greatest respects!

Edited by Eagle Driver

I have the Hooben 1/16 RC kit on the T-55A in my stash. I have considered picking up the MiniArt kit as a build guide.

But I think I am going to build it into an Israeli Tiran 5 (captured T-55) with the 105mm main gun.

I remember seeing the T-54 AND 55 in news stories as the nemesis of the free world!

Barry

Guest Clunkmeister

The Czech uprising is one of those moments in history that cemented the love I have for the Czech and Slovak people into my heart. There are other instances of Polish pushback that do the same for me.

Great subject. I look forward to the build

The Czech uprising is one of those moments in history that cemented the love I have for the Czech and Slovak people into my heart. There are other instances of Polish pushback that do the same for me.

Great subject. I look forward to the build

Yeah, it is same here. I've been to Prague and it is one of the best places in Europe to be. 

I went there in 1988. I imagine if they were free since 1968.

I looked at some of their kits in Omaha, and they are simply breathtaking.  And from what I read, they build as well as they look.

The Prague Spring and Operation Danube were indeed a sad period in modern European history.  I've wanted to do a small vignette of a Soviet tank scrawled with Czech graffiti parked on a cobblestone street.  The tank I've identified is a T-54B, but it had smoke generator canisters mounted on the rear fenders, and no kit has ever provided for that.

MiniArt has a T-54B as well and I too wonder will it feature that option inside. It is too very interesting subject.