Ki84 Hayate - Hasegawa 1/32nd

Tim Carroll

Here are some pictures of the cockpit and engine from the new Hasegawa kit that I'm building. It fits like a dream and realy well detailed out of the box. This is an OOB with the addition of Eduard seat belts.

Cockpit floor

post-4-1106794147.jpg

Tim,

Great work so far! I have to agree with you on the molded levers and such... 48th is passable, but 32nd - no way. You've done the 'pit justice...

keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

-randy

The last few I took are the cockpit sides fitted in place. You can see just how good the fit is. Ahow much disappears when its in place. I was so happy with the fit and look that I glued the fuselage together at this point. I have not used any filler (apart from what was need to fix my cockups with removing parts from the sprue).

Starboard side.

post-4-1106803314.jpg

Lovely work Tim. Agree fully with you about the moulded on detail I would have tried to cut them off the sides with a very sharp knife and reuse the same stuff. Otherwise, an outline in oil paint of a very drk color like black or blue black will make them look better and detached from the console. But it still looks great as it is.