Qantas Boeing 767-300

Tony Mollica

That's lovely Tony. What did you use for the white? It's near-perfect. Great little build, and fast too!

I've got the Revell 767-300 in 1/144 to do, with Roodecals for the exact same livery. However, the tail is a multi-part red decal with cut-outs for the Roo to show through - so the opposite of what Hawkeye provides (which worked really well for my 707 V-Jet). Could be tricky! I'm part-way through a similar process with my Ansett 737, and the full tail decals (designed for a different kit even), are proving troublesome.

Anyway, you've inspired me to consider the 767 project as my next airliner build!

Kev

Hi Kev,

It's Tamiya spray can Pure White, a paint I've grown to love when building racing cars. I started with tail decals on another fuselage, but couldn't get them to look right, which is why I've taken this approach. The other fuselage ended up in the bin, something I very rarely do.

The build started somehing like a decade ago, and I haven't done any work on it at all since at least 2005, I finished the wings then but had the new fuselage to re-start. I picked it up again about a week ago and commenced the fuselage.

Thanks for the compliments, giddy up on yours.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll look for another airliner project just as soon as I finish off some more old builds. Next on the list is a 1/48 Sd Kfz 250/3.

That thing must be seriously big in 1/100 Dan, I suppose it's almost an LSA (Large Scale Airliner). It will look good in KLM colours.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll look for another airliner project just as soon as I finish off some more old builds. Next on the list is a 1/48 Sd Kfz 250/3.

That thing must be seriously big in 1/100 Dan, I suppose it's almost an LSA (Large Scale Airliner). It will look good in KLM colours.

Cheers

Tony

I'll actually be using the older KLM markings (the ones with the white stripe). I sent a link of your model to a friend of mine that's a real Qantas fanatic.