ZM Bf 109G-14 review on Hyperscale

Kagemusha

20 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Any and all additional parts available in this kit … or any kit for that matter will have their uses … sometimes the instructions give you “Options” to build a choice between one variation or another - depending on the markings you utilise - and these options would be given to you in the build instructions and decals supplied. In this case, however, you’re only supposed to be building ONE aircraft - that of Eric Hartmann and the instructions and markings are given for that purpose only.

The reason for the “optioned” parts is the result of an engineering / tooling / budgeting decision I would think … Dragon models do a similar thing with their armour kits - providing a load of “unused” parts off the sprues - because they are tooled for another kit (with those options) or another variant …

Soon there will be a G2 or G4 or G6 or G10 boxing with the same cowl sprue, clear sprue etc - and just a different decal sheet and instruction booklet.

I hope they do the F series at some point and we could do with a good K also - while they have Radu working with the team … those kits will also require additional tooling!

Rog :)

I believe that you're on point regarding the inclusion of the optional parts , makes sense. I'll be turning this thing into an Erla G-14 so the optional parts will come in handy. That's the nonconformist coming out of me .I would definitely love to see a G-10 and a K put out [great! more 109 stuff to learn} hey I'm diggin' it!