1/48 KC-130J Harvest Hawk Done

danimalmagic

That is a very nice KC-J! I have a bunch of the Attack Squadron J upgrades so I can build a MC-130J. You were talking about the flaps...on the "legacy" MC-130 I flew when we turned off the runway the flaps were retracted and we taxied to parking. I had noticed that the MC/HC-130J's here at Kirtland left them down and parked. I asked about it and they said on the J they leave the flaps down so maintenance and the loadmaster can do their preflight inspection under the wing/flapwell and check for flap rubs. So you could of added them to yours. Anyway...not a dig just more info. Great job on a great airplane!

Cheers...Ron C-5A/B, C-130E, MC-130P, MC-130H

22 minutes ago, aircommando130 said:

That is a very nice KC-J! I have a bunch of the Attack Squadron J upgrades so I can build a MC-130J. You were talking about the flaps...on the "legacy" MC-130 I flew when we turned off the runway the flaps were retracted and we taxied to parking. I had noticed that the MC/HC-130J's here at Kirtland left them down and parked. I asked about it and they said on the J they leave the flaps down so maintenance and the loadmaster can do their preflight inspection under the wing/flapwell and check for flap rubs. So you could of added them to yours. Anyway...not a dig just more info. Great job on a great airplane!

Cheers...Ron C-5A/B, C-130E, MC-130P, MC-130H

Sounds very logical, if you look at the Hercs at Miramar you see a mixture, I just worked from the specific images of the Bird I had chosen and they we're all flaps up.

I get the logic though, good info and good luck with the Commando II.

Google maps

MCAS Miramar Hurcs

32.877076,-117.124618

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 6:57 PM, aircommando130 said:

Did you have any issues with the Attack Squadron engines going to the wings? Too bad they dropped their resin line...they had some pretty nice stuff for the old Herk!

Hi, the Attack Squadron range was obtained (no idea if whole range, but I guess so) by Brengun/Hauler brand from Czech Republic. They already issued some stuff, so I guess they will do the same with other plane goodies ...

Regards

Jakub