1/32 Mig15Bis Trumpeter

LSP_Matt

Thanks for the input guys and the comments.

Coolie, I have used in the past a stocking to correct paint runs, but only in acrylic lacquer on cars. ( That and engine rebuilding paid for my Uni)

Jeff...for sure mate...the Tamiya metal colours are really flat finish...the pledge gave precisely the effect you mentioned. This is in stark contrast to where it was applied to the semi-gloss Gunze acrylic.

Here's a few photos of the finished bird

post-4-1127971240.jpg

The pointy end...I recall seeing how they just winch one pack of cannon out and another in...love those fast change over ideas on combat aircraft...makes a lot of sense.

I went with the kit supplied decals and profile...unfortunately the numbers corresponding to this profile were not included in the decal sheet for some reason. I made do with what was supplied.

post-4-1127971426.jpg

This is the little miss and I having a bit of fun...she's pretending to be grouchy...

Overall, I have experimented more than any other kit with the Mig15. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, though its devoid of a lot of detail later Mig kits were ( >Mig19) from Trumpeter. I reckon Trumpeter did a pretty good job of their first kit. Mind you, if I'd paid big dollars I'd have a different attitude.

Oh...I wanted to build it flaps down but the drop tanks no longer fit if you do. Oh well :)

post-4-1127972576.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Matt;

Nice job! For a real dog of a kit you have certainly managed it very well. And great work on the NMF. I prefer the Brown for washes ( Raw Umber to be precise ) as it looks more realistic than black to my eyes. Of course, with the NMF, the black looks good... :) tough call.

Little missy will be very proud of daddy's airplane and her mates will all be jealous.

Cheers mate,

Jay