PT-19 in 1/32 scale

JRutman

Where is the build now Jerry?

John Rucks'had this model but when he passed away I lost track of all this stuff,including my U-Boat dio. It is probably in a land fill.  This is where all my build ups usually end up. I put them in a box and after a few years wonder why am I keeping this and so it goes in the bin!

J

Jerry

That PT-19 is Awesome! :thumbsup:

This aircraft holds a special place in my heart, as I had a flying model of one, in my younger years (original fly by wire  string :whistle: )  had a .49 Cox Glow plug engine.

The actual airframe is long gone (scrapped in Air Force lingo) after it had a rather bad nose dive (Air to Ground Interface :wacko: ).

Still have the engine after all these years.

Thanks for sharing your build photos, and  the great memories that came flooding back looking at it :D

Regards

Alan

Glad I couls stimulate the old noggin!

Thanks for the kind words,

J

Very nice.  I've heard about, and even seen, Combat Models vacs, so great respect for a great job.

A thought - wouldn't it be interesting to see this next to a similar model of a Magister (and I'm not sure even a vac kit of one of those exists)?

[Edit for typo - my keyboard can't spell.]

Thanks for the kindness about this build. It was my first vac and a real eye opener. Building these things for John made me decide to go into business making kits. I thought the vac was a good idea and all it needed was a decent resin parts package to go with it in order to build a great model that would be unique. So I produced my first kit. The BF109K. It had vac wings and fuselage and canopy,metal landing gear and resin detail parts and also decals. It did fairly well so I went on to make the Ta152H and so on and so on. Ended up making all resin kits. I believe my best kit was the Finnish Buffalo.