Unusual source for SERIOUS tools

In a recent search for some long lost reference material, I came across a catalog a friend of mine gave me a long time ago. He's a bench jeweler and I have long admired some of his tools and often thought how adaptable many of his tools would be to modelers. This place has SO many tools that would be beneficial to scratchbuilders, pattern makers, and modelers. Pretty much any kind of tool for working in miniature, they'll have it. They don't have outright modeling tools but the have a nearly infinate number of tools adaptable to our needs. For instance, tweezers, they have 63 different kinds. They have 161 different kinds of pliers. They have rotary tools, flexshafts, mini drills and burrs, wax forming tools ( dental picks), the list goes on and on. They carry casting equipment but it's for the lost wax and investment casting. SOME of the casting equipment is common to resin casting, though it would probably be for the more serious minded resin casters like Jerry Rutman and the like. Anyway here's the URL.

www.riogrande.com

A note to the moderators, I have no affiliation to this site. I just thought it a bit of an unusual source, not one that would be usually associated with tools we could use. Thus, I figured it's worth a mention, especially with as many highly skilled scratchbuilders that frequent this site.

• 1 month later...

Its the same with a lot of medical kit, from needles to forceps, reverse action scissors, atraumatic clamps and sutures, lots of scalpel blade shapes. A lot could be useful for modellers. I use some used disposable stuff like drawing up needles, drapes, and trays on my bench. In the greenhouse the plastic disposable trays from joint replacement sets make great drip trays for plant pots!