For my next trick

Phartycr0c

Ok still plodding along with my F3. Shed loads of rubbing down and a couple of coats of mr surfacer and I think I may have this somewhere near.

There are a couple of "wounds" still to do but its getting there.

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

As you can see, the Paragon Flaps and slats have been completed. Once Im happy with her overall, Its some re scribing (never my strongest point) then orf to the paint shap.

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

TTFN

• 4 weeks later...

Now we start to get onto the nice bit! decals are slowly going on. HOWEVER, there are NO 1/32 low vis decals out there so (dont ask me how) I have had to produce my own.

The 11sqdn marks are from an Xtradecal sheet, the Eagles are from Meinderts F3 set very carefully sealed and cut to produce a close approxiamtion of the white background.

The XI serial numbers and year markings are done very nicely by Parkes 682 decals which came as a two part yellow on white set. Despite getting these into register the yellow still looked a little pale and in order to reduce the relevant thickness Ive hand painted Citadel Bubonic Brown onto the surface. As the markings are a "mish mash" of a creation they are in no way perfect, however Im happy with how it is going. EXCEPT, the black is an acrylic from a Halfords rattle can. great gloss and rapid drying, BUT it has reacted with the thin fillet of filler I used all along the base of the spine / tail rippling slightly. Bugger!At this point I lost a little potential to get this finished, but all over that now!

Anyhow a few shots of the intended display set up as a taster.

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

More next time