Model Masters Window maker

mz826

Hello

I picked up some Model Masters Clear Parts Cement and Window maker out of curiosity and was wondering if anyone had used it, and if so had any suggestions for the best method to make windows. I need three small round windows for my mosquito bomb bay and crew door. In a perfect World I could lay the pieces down flat fill up the openings with the liquid and in minutes have windows..... For some reason I don't think its that easy. Any help is unappreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

What I would do and have done is to use one of the punch-die sets to punch some circular windows out of clear plastic of some kind, then put in place with some sort of non-clouding adhesive. Depending on the size needed, punch and die sets can be obtained from Waldron (not sure if these are still available) or Micro-mark-- about $35 USD. For larger sizes, you might look at Harbor Freight Sales-- They have a good set for about $26 USD.

Bill M.

Assuming it's like Kristal Kleer, you just put some on a toothpick and touch it to the edges of the window hole, stretching it across the opening using the surface tension. It's kind of like when you have the soap going across a child's bubble maker toy.

The trick is to use as little as possible so it's as thin as possible. Too little, and it won't hold across the opening. Too much and it will be distorted and thick when it dries.

Chris