Trumpeter new 109 F

Guest Ta152H1

FYI, I didn't measure precisely but I think that a little bit more than 1.5mm is missing.

It seems about right to me.

I have a Hasegawa G6 on the bench and in comparison I think a 2mm insert might be about right.

Can always remove some if its too much!

Thanks again.

I'll show it on my WIP when I get round to it.

Phil

Phil, another time-saving info:

Rather than adding thick plastic strip on the edge of the rudder, first cut the rounded edge with a razor saw, glue the 2mm plastic strip (do not forget to compensate the cut width)

and re-glue the cut edge. Obviously, this cut is not necessary for the upper section as its internal edge is more or less flat.

This should help in avoiding using putty.

Thierry

Thanks Thierry but I have already done it and posted it to WIP a short time ago.

The angled edge worked out fine, no filler but I will have to add some milliput to the join as I didn't think

to flatten it as you suggested.

It looks like there will be a panel line on the join so Milliput will be ok as you can scribe it.

For your info it took very little sanding to get a good join to the fuse.

Thanks again.

Phil

Thanks Thierry but I have already done it and posted it to WIP a short time ago.

The angled edge worked out fine, no filler but I will have to add some milliput to the join as I didn't think

to flatten it as you suggested.

It looks like there will be a panel line on the join so Milliput will be ok as you can scribe it.

For your info it took very little sanding to get a good join to the fuse.

Thanks again.

Phil

No one seems to have mentioned this option but Loon Models from Roll Models makes a full set of resin tail pieces- Rudder and horizontal surfaces for the Hasegawa kits. The rudder fits the Trumpeter kit perfectly and is very well detailed. I am using it to build a relatively accurate G-2!