CONQUEST 1

ruzlkampf

Aaaand, last pics of this series. Gotta get back to vacuforming the canopy and painting my pilot's helmet in preparation of closing the fuse up, putting the gear on, and putting some gloss white on this critter! Pilot will have a 'Captain America' or 'Easy Rider' type paintjob on his helmet,....just cuz I think it'll look cool. :tumble: Might slip back on tonight and show pics of the newly formed canopy? Squawk at ya'll then, eh?! later, Russ

post-4413-1261371405.jpg

post-4413-1261371424.jpg

Whups! :tumble: Had to pop back on for a bit and show some other what-nots I got done. This will be bring me up to the present; basically. Remeber that crank-case cover I've mentioned? (didn't think so. :D ) Anywho, here it is afixed in place behind the spinner. I used a handle of a potato-masher to get the size right.(I think that's what it is? :) ) Hmmmm, didn't even know I had a gizmo like that. One of them women must've felt pity for me when i wuz learning to burn things,....I mean cook. heh heh.

Oh yeah, I'd already cut out the canopy area to polish it in prep for vacu-forming. Eeeeesh, hope it fits around that pilots melon OK.

post-4413-1261384102.jpg

One more with the cowling installed to show what it looks like. Whoohoo! OK, should have the canopy formed tonight so I'll post some more progress pics in the morning of that and the painted pilot. Got my nipples crossed for luck that he'll fit . Later All, Russ

post-4413-1261384312.jpg

Bah Hah! Couldn't go to bed until I posted some pics of my newly pulled canopy. Got it on the first try,... I'm soooo stoked! :tumble: Last major modified piece I had to fab, so it's all a downhill slide from here. New canopy, still hot in my home-made vacu-form.

post-4413-1261398391.jpg

Still smoothing a few places out with dissolved putty in preparation of getting this painted tomorrow. Took some pics while I was gandering at how the canopy looks, so here they are in no particular order.

post-4413-1261398783.jpg

post-4413-1261398802.jpg

Last pics of the night. I'm tired of flogging on this for now. Tomorrow is the 2-week anniversary of starting this, and my usual decline in attention-span on any build. Time to get it up on it's gear and get some paint on it. Looking forward to seeing how my new decal paper works, hope these i have printed up don't disintegrate?! Whooooo. We'll see. Gotta get back to my winter/vacation hibernation; so I'll leave ya'll with these pics. Talk to everyone tomorrow when iI get motivated! Later, Russ

post-4413-1261399223.jpg

post-4413-1261399240.jpg

Wow!, we got a rainy day here in San Diego.....must be winter? :yahoo: I love this kinda weather for building models, except when I'm trying to paint sumthin.(which I'm going to try and do today! :ph34r: ) Aaaah well, life on the edge. Dithered around getting the landing gear on and getting my pilot ready for encapsulation in the fuse. Thought I'd pause and share some pics before he goes 'buh-bye' under the 'bone-dome canopy'. Lemme start with a pic of the gear and undersides. Yep, I know most normal Bearcats have the inner gear doors dropped when the gear is down,.....but not this one. Every photo I've seen of it on the ground has those doors tucked up. Must have something to do with the one-shot nitrogen bottle retraction system?

post-4413-1261498459.jpg

Wee bit closer look. I got fancy and added a headrest. Don't know if the real-deal has one, but meh.....it's my one concession to comfort for the pilot in this plane.

post-4413-1261498869.jpg

Here's what the pilot morphed into. Mr. Star Spangled Banner-Captain America Dude. It should go well with the paint-job this plane will have.

post-4413-1261498989.jpg

Last pic of it without a paint-job. This build is sliding for home. Got a coat of clear lacquer on my decal sheet and it's ready to go. Next updates will be showing the finishing touches; I hope! :rolleyes: Later!, Russ

post-4413-1261499935.jpg