Any ideas for making a working hinge?

I want to make the canopy on my ME 163 posable in open shut positions. Anyone know how I can make a working hinge? I have the Grand Phoenix cockpit and now I think it would be a waste to not be able to show it. However, I also want to be able to see the plane with clean lines (canopy closed). If anyone has experience with this kind of stuff, please let me know!

Thanks!

Gary Vincent

Try a short length of the finest tubing, that you can find, push a piece of wire through it, and bend it into a "U". Glue the tube into a small recess, in the fuselage, then glue the arms, of the U, to the canopy. If it doesn't appear to want to hold, drill two small holes, for the arms (which don't have to be very long.)

Edgar

Guest canuck63

Hi Vincent,

I think that your best bet would b getting hold of a PE set of Aber's working hinges,which contains very small hinges that really works and which are in 1/35 scale.

As soon as I'll have a minute or three I'll post a few pictures,

HTH

Manu

Guest canuck63

Here you go the piccies..........these are the hinges of the mudguard flaps of my 1/35 FAMO,they're actually very small and in scale,and you can carefully "trim" the part where the "screws" go for an even more "aeronautical" look!They do work but don't fool yourself into believing that you can pop and close that canopy a zillion times!

HTH

Manu

post-413-1169903445.jpg

post-413-1169903472.jpg