Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'german'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Hi Guys, Back with another project that's going ahead at a cracking pace. I was at the Essex Model Show a few weeks ago and saw a Dragon 1/48 Mistel 6 on the shelf of one of the traders. So out with the fivers and I'm now the proud new owner. The week after was the Avon Show and I was on our club stand (Wiltshire Scale Modellers) and met up with Wunwinglow who took the kit with the intention of scaling up some of the parts and making them in 3D. Also got my hands on the new Revell Me-262A single seater courtesy of Andy Hills at Antics Models, another club member. I had already sourced the He-162 online, ordered a CMK Ejection Seat and a Yahu IP. A Kit: Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr A Book: Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr An Idea! Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr More to come!
  2. Hi, This is my first completion of the year... yes, we are in december, i'm ashamed.... To sum up, it is the Italeri kit, with the Aires cockpit (which was a real PITA to fit), the huge DACO decal set, Eduard resin wheels, Master Pitot tube and the Videoaviation Mk.85 dummy bomb dispenser. Except the Aires cockpit and a few badly soft looking panel lines that build was pretty straightforward with no real difficulties. This Aires cockpit harassed me until the end as i still had to make modification in order to close the canopy. I had to remove some material and redo the 2 tiny brackets for the locking system behind the headrest. You can find the WIP here : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57921&hl I'm still highly incompetent to take pictures. This time, i tried for the first time a blue background, as i found a large sheet of blue paper in my basement. But as it seems to change the colors a bit, i also took pictures without background. I think the pictures are not very good, and i really lacked some light, as the days are pretty dark at this time. Please let me know if you prefer the picture with the blue background or without it. Thanks for looking !
  3. Hello, everyone. I just finished this one today, after exactly one month of working on it, pretty much all day, every day. I'm not usually one to get the newest kit the second it hits store shelves and, even if I do, it will normally sit for quite some time before I get around to building it. For some reason, however, I had to get this kit and buid it, as soon as it came out. I'm not a Stuka fanatic or expert, by any stretch, but there's something about the early A model Stuka (often referred to as "Anton") that appeals to me. Anyway, I started this kit with the intention of just doing an out-of-the-box "quick build". However, I started to see a few areas in the kit that I thought I could improve upon and things kind of snowballed from there. I have to thank all of the guys who followed along with the WIP thread, (found here: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=53021), as many of them helped me along with photos, additional information and, especially motivation and inspiration. I want to give a special thank you to Alain, for pushing me to put more detail into the cockpit, as well as for the idea behind the first aid compartment and it's panel (which turned out great!). The kit's pit is not too shabby, but adding even more scratch detail to it and posing the canopy open to show it off was a great decision and I'm glad I followed Alain's advice and finally "saw the light" of his vision. The list of modifications and additions is too long to get into here, but you can read all about it in the WIP thread. I did my best to explain and photograph everything as I went along. Overall, the kit isn't so bad. Some of the parts and assemblies fit as good or better than any other model I've ever built. Some areas are not as good, however. The kit has more than it's share of shape and detail issues, but I was able to at least improve the look of a lot of these things, at least to the point that it satisfies me. Other than a few flaws that I decided to live with (and a few more that popped out at me while editing the photos!), I'm very happy with the way this model turned out. It's very unique and looks great in my display case. I also learned a lot more about Stukas while building it and it also allowed me to stretch my skill set and try some new things. I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed building it! John First off, the only photo of the plane I wished to model (which wasn't on the decal sheet, of course!).
×
×
  • Create New...