Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'amur.reaver'.
Found 2 results
A new project! With my Corsair build on the downhill side and me struggling with the scribing work on the Ta152H, I wanted a change of pace and decided to start introduce a new build. I am going to convert the Revell Bf109G-6 kit into a Bf109G-6/AS. This conversion utilized the Daimler Benz DB605AS engine with improved high altitude performance. Physically the G-6/AS is characterized by a new smooth engine cowling that deleted the characteristic "beule" bulges over the MG131 cannons mounted on top of the engine. The genesis of this project is rooted in me having the G-6 as a donor kit for an older G-10 build. I needed to the smaller wing bulge parts but otherwise the kit was complete and I wanted to make use of it. When Alexey at AMUR Reaver produced his G-6/AS resin cowling, I thought this was a great opportunity to utilize a kit I already had. So.... I had swapped out the smaller wing bulge from the G-6 kit with the larger wing bulge from the G-10 so these would need to be replaced. I picked up a set of the smaller bulge wing parts from Barracuda Studios, which I hope is a drop-in replacement. The core of the conversion is the AMUR Reaver resin cowling. It is cast in a cream color, similar to the resin that Barracuda Studios uses. There is some discoloration in the casting but it does not seem to manifest itself in the smoothness of the surface. The cockpit will be replaced with Aires resin. I had very good experiences with the Aires resin cockpit for the Revell G-10 build and am crossing my fingers that this set will be similar in design and execution. Three different breeches for the gun firing through the prop spinner... does anyone know which one(s) would be appropriate for the G-6/AS? The kit prop and spinner features an awkward seam resulting from trapping the prop blades between the forward half and back half of the spinner. This design also makes painting of the spinner difficult. To alleviate these issues, I'm going to use Barracuda Studios resin prop and spinner. The kit wheels will be exchanged for a set of Barracuda Studios resin wheels. The kit exhausts are not hollow so I'm replacing them with a Barracuda Studios resin exhaust and supercharger intake set. And finally... another resin/metal prototype for the landing gear! To summarize the aftermarket add-ons for this build: 1. AMUR Reaver Bf109G-6/AS Engine Cowling (Resin) 2. Barracuda Bf109G Upper Wings with Small Wheel Bulges (Resin) 3. Aires Bf109G-6 Cockpit Set (Resin and Photoetch) 4. Barracuda Bf109F-4 thru G-14 Prop and Spinner (Resin) 5. Barracuda Bf109G Wheels (Resin) 6. Barracuda Bf109G-6 Intake and Exhaust Set
Every year the IPMS FAME CITIES Ed Kinney Chapter sponsors a contest theme for â€“ â€˜Anything USMC â€˜- in memory of Ed Kinney. This year I'm determined to have an entry. With the parts from spares and the Academy kit supplied by red dog and Dragon plus a detailed review of The Designers page I think I'm ready to turn Hasegawa's prototype F-18 into a Desert Storm F/A-18A! I picked up an Avionix cockpit and tail modification kit, got some stainless screens from AMUR.Reaver, now I just have to decide which Flying Leathernecks decal sheet to buy. I've got to have it ready for the September meeting. I've spent the last couple weeks pouring over Pete's Scale Hornet guide so I'm totally psyched. This will also be my first big effort at weathering so please feel free to throw out any guidance as we build this one together ðŸ˜†