Pro Modeler Bf109 G-4/Trop 1/32

Azor

How are you amigos. I've been a regular visitor of this great forum, but this is my first post.

I'd like to share with you what I've been doing during the last weeks. It's the well known Hasegawa (re-boxed by Pro Modeler) Bf109 G-4/Trop in 1/32 scale. I decided to go as much out of the box as possible, so I choose Oblt. Franz Schiess machine, markings depicted in the boxart and included with the kit.

Anyway, the scale and size of this beautiful kit tempted me on adding some scratch detail and a few extra bits, so I did it.

-I put generic Eduard PE seatbelts

-Added some basic wiring in the cockpit floor with cooper thin filaments

-Rudder's pedal belts with stretched and flattened sprue

-Transparent section for the fuel line on the starboard cockpit side, made of clear stretched styrene

-Replaced the MG151 KannonenBoot barrels with hypodermic 1,2mm tubes

-Installed an open MDC sand filter (not shown in the pictures)

-Hollowed exhausts

-Hydraulic lines with cooper wire

Ok...less blah blah and let's get straight to the pics.

Cabina-c.jpg

Cabina-d.jpg

Tren01.jpeg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

(continued)

b10.jpg

b11.jpg

b12.jpg

b13.jpg

b14.jpg

b15.jpg

b16.jpg

b17.jpg

That's it. This is how the thing looks so far.

I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. I guess I still can fix any mistake during this stage so any input will be appreciated.

Thanks for watching!

Oscar, from sunny Chile

Hi Oscar, really clean looking job going on here....great work!

Are you going to try some sort of wash? I thought that cockpit could do with a bit of grubbiness, just to liven it up a bit and make the details jump out a bit more. Just a thought:)

You're doing a super job so far, keep it going! Thanks for sharing your work.

Cheers

Ango

Thanks for your kind words Ango. I did some oil washes on the cockpit but this is almost indistinguishable from the first pictures of the series. I'll try to do a more decent photo session once the kit is finished. Now I'm masking that nice greenhouse...:) preparing for the final painting stage tomorrow, I hope!.

Cheers

Azor

That is a nice looking build mate, I love the weathering on the wheels. One question, are they the correct wheels for an aircraft with the wing bulges, I know there are always variations with Luftwaffe stuff though?

Thanks again for your comments guys.

Talking about the wheels Jamie, the G-4 version (and even some late G-2) was the first variant to receive the larger wheels featured on later Gustav series, like the G-6. Some of this wheels were spoked, some not. This particular late G-4/Trop is shown in pictures with larger spoked wheels and consequently bulges on the wings, so it had 660x160 tyres mounted on spoked rims. Some early G-6 received this kind of wheels too.

Another interesting feature on this particular aircraft is the so called Galland Panzer head armour for the canopy, instead the cushioned metallic plate present in regular early E, F and G cockpits.

Going back to work now. I finished the masking of the cockpit today at 0400... :)

Saludos amigos

Azor