Ju 88 C2/4 using AIMS products

Pastor John

15. The only other after-market material that was utilised was the excellent seat belts available from Eduard in either painted or unpainted finish. Not the perforated plate at the face of the rear gunners seat base.

post-6828-1249548593.jpg

16. After minimal filling and sanding the model was treated to that most excellent of products – Mr Surfaces 1200 – my favourite primer for a smooth decal friendly finish! After this two tins of Xtracolor RAF Night Black – excuse the irony – were emptied followed by highlighting with Xtracolor RLM 75 Grey

post-6828-1249548656.jpg

18. I love the closing stages of cockpit modelling and a Ju 88 C-2 is certainly a busy cockpit although it most probably had the standard pilot seat armour surround common at the time rather than just a bear seat. I was so glad I designed those cockpit decals.

post-6828-1249548871.jpg

22. The replacement window looks much better and more accurate – note also that the majority of these early C-2s and C-4s had side armour on the right side of the forward canopy only. You may also note the lack of extra antenna wires travelling down from the mast to the sides of the canopy, these warbirds had plain masts without attachment points for extra wires.

post-6828-1249549218.jpg