Hawker Hunter F6 .....

neilfgr2

Hi Neil,

Basically the parachute housing needs to be removed from the tailpipe.

The Leading edge `dogtooth` on the mainplanes need to be removed depending on whether

you are building a early or late mk6. I believe the `dogtooths were generally fitted late fifties early

sixties.

There are also a few other changes but it does depend on the subject you are building.

It`s an old cliche I know but "check your refs!"

Kind regards

Stuart

Neil,

Converting the FGA 9 back to a Mk.6 is relatively staightforward and by far the simplest method is just to build it as is (including the brake chute fairing) as an F.6A which, to all intents and purposes, is externally identical to an FGA.9. However, you'd have to check to make sure that the serial number used was that of an F.6A.

To turn it into a 'normal' F.6, all you really need is to find someone who has the Echelon vac-form Hunter single-seater and see if you can obtain the F.6 tail-cone from them or, if you have no luck with that, cut/grind away the brake chute housing and re-profile it to the F.6 shape bearing in mind that the internal cone diameter remains the same as for the FGA 9.

Also for a 'straight' F.6, if your kit is the boxing that did not include the Swiss AF option, you might want to

scrounge a set of the cannon ' blast diffusers' from someone who has them in their boxing but won't be using them.

I've got quite a bit of hunter material in my files so if there is anything that you think I might be able to help with, don't hesitate to drop me a line directly at: davewad@shaw.ca

Regards

Dave

There is a resin Hunter F.6 tailcone conversion available from Plastic World Modelling Products (PWMP), I got one from LHS hobby shop in the Netherlands

Dont forget the flaps will not have the corners cut out either, but the kit wing is scored inside to allow you to cut the wing lower surface to achieve this (alternatively glue them shut).

If you can afford the Flightpath conversion set this includes not only a tailpipe for the F.4/F.5 but the dogtooth less leading edges in resin as well, together with a host of etch metal parts for the flaps, tailpipe undercarriage bays and airbrake.

Flightpath also sell the ex-Echelon decal sheets, the Echelon kits themselves are as difiicult to find as the proverbial rocking horse manure.

Happy Huntering

Ant