1/32 soviet/russian mig pilot?

zugok

Thanks to "Thunderbolt" he pointed out the metal Mig-21 pilot by Valiant Miniatures. There is a resin 1/35 Soviet Helicopter pilot from Lincoln that has really nice moulding, but of-course, too modern.

I am looking for 50's or early 60's uniform style for a Mig-15 pilot. The photos I have seen, seem to suggest the uniform at that time (Korea?) looks more like the WW2 USAF uniforms? Has anyone seen any photos of Soviet/Korean pilots of Mig-15 or Mig-17?

Thanks

Has anyone seen any photos of Soviet/Korean pilots of Mig-15 or Mig-17?

For MiG-15s, they wore leather jackets, leather flying pants and WWII style leather helmets w/goggles (or sometimes without). My Dad saw a low and slow flying MiG-15 in Berlin (it was busily violating West Berlin Airspace at Templehof AB). The leather flying helmet was something that really struck him.

I suspect MiG-17 pilots wore similar outfits, though the "bone dome" style helmets were coming into vogue at that time.

Korean/Chinese pilots appear to have worn very similar stuff, or one piece blue-grey coveralls.

There's a collectible action figure (12" of a Chinese MiG-15 pilot pictures at the link below--should give you some idea).

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?p...&categoryId=203