WIP Mig-29

darthputty

WOW it worked! Thanks Texas!!!!

This is my first time sharing any of my work with you guys. This project has been on my mind now for over a year. Basically what I want to do is use the Trumpeter MiG-29 parts to correct the Inaccuate parts of the Revell Mig-29. I hope to end up with a halfway descent German Mig-29.

First up the cockpit. Basically, I used the Eduard MiG29 Interior set 32-115 for most of the details. Rather than scrape off the molded on detail of the Revell kit it was easier to scratch a tub and add the PE.

Left side WIP

post-1264-1198164147.jpg

Now for the meat of it. The Revell kit's nacelles and Nozzles are WAY undersized. So out comes the saw. I don't know how to draw lines on my pics yet, so I'll try to explain this. I cut the Trump nacelles out, using the inner aspect as a guide. I cut far enough forward so that I got the wheel wells too. I used the Revell forward intakes (they are seperate) but had to use a middle piece out of the Trumpeter intakes. Does that make sense? Once you've done that, simply cut the offending nacelles off the Revell kit, glue the modified Trump intakes on and start SANDING!!! When all is said and done, I think its a vast improvement over the original Revell intakes.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Family things have not allowed me to work on my Mig but hopefully I should be able to get cranking on it now. I am hoping to have it done for JaxCon at the end of February.

On to the build, first up the nose. Revell's nosecone is way outa shape. I blew up the plans in the 4+ book and compared them to pics in other books as well as the internet. I carved a new nose out of a solid piece of wood and cast it for some local modeling buddies. You can see the difference between "my" nose and Revells.

post-1264-1200357556.jpg

Attached to the kit. I think it really improves the look of the kit, That is just my opinion though. The way I tried to cast it means I had a lot of air bubbles around the base. The thing actually fits better then the pic makes it look.

post-1264-1200357936.jpg

The cockpit is coming along. The only real problem is that I have to build a little, paint a little, then build a little more, then paint a little more. Now that the tub is in I can start on the shroud. Wiring behind the seat will be added in final assembly, right before the canopy goes on.

post-1264-1200358349.jpg