1/32 Revell Mig21 SPS

LSP_Matt

Hey Matt!

Excellent effort so far. I'm so impressed with the riveting that I contacted Petr in the Czech Republic to get a couple Rosie tools. I tried using a pounce wheel from MicroMark, but the teeth were annoyingly uneven in their appearance. If I were more mechanically inclined, I would try Rato's method for building my own riveter (Rato the Riveter). Your work with Rosie made my decide to go with Petr's.

MiG is gonna look good!

Do you use any of that UV setting stuff in your dental work?

thanks Matty...its pretty noob proof as evidenced. The curves are harder as Jay warned me. Petr is a pretty fab guy for dealing with. The wider wheel he recommended makes control easier but it won't get into the tight little spots due to diameter issues...the reviews warned of that...I think LSP Chris did one.

But I am finding its worth having a few different kinds of riveters. I used Rato's idea for a while but kept breaking needles...?maybe pressing too hard...maybe just junk needles.

Hmmm..Mig...not sure what to do about the pit at the moment. From Revell it is simply a work of fiction. The kit supplied instrument panel decal is not far off a Mig MF actually but is 1/24 instead. I leaning towards trying to make something from scratch...not that I had wanted to....it was mean to be a straight forward OOB build, but the pit is so shite I don't think I could cement it... :D

There's no more UV stuff anymore in dental....its all just visible white light( very intense and blue like daylight globes)...oh...unless you use certain special stuff in a laboratory setting with a purpose built UV box. I thought about some out of date material I had and might give that a go...on what I'm not sure exactly. I think the 3M adhesive might work very well for instrument dial faces ( not much yellowing at all as you can imagine) but at $90 for 3mL is pretty pricy...good stuff though :huh: ...just maybe best kept for teeth.

Cheers Matt