Bf 109 f4 trop 9./JG 27 wingwalk stencils

Dainis

I have two questions: Firstly, when there is a field paint job applied to the wings over the factory paint, do the wingwalks get partly obliterated or are they restored? Secondly, does anyone have any tips or techniques on painting the Luftwaffe broken line wingwalks? I almost always paint solid ones, but a technique to do a broken line  is baffling me right now. If I never have to use a wingwalk stencil again I'll be forever grateful. Cheers!:beer:

Wise observation sensai! And in fact Uschi make the broken line wing walks for 1/48 and 1/32 scale. Out of stock, but say back sooner or later. Just wondering if there is a hack to paint them myself if I can't source the Uschi masks. Thanks!

Guest Vincent
On 2/12/2019 at 1:06 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

The one thing I'm always sure never to say about Luftwaffe anything is that you can never say never and you can never say always.

That said, I would have grave doubts that a field repaint would have seen walkway lines restored.  It's not like there were troops servicing them who didn't know where you could and couldn't walk on a 109 wing.

Doesn't somebody make a set of 109 walkway stencils?  That would be the easy way to do it.

On the other hand, germans being germans, "there should be a stencil on a wing, it's a regulation"

;)

I have parts in my collection which had been field repainted and where the stencil was repainted by hand, some where it was not repainted and some where the stencil was masked before the repaint and showed the original in what looks like a "window"

So as you said, anything is possible

V

Edited by Vincent/MDC