Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'airdoc decals'.
Found 1 result
F-4F Phantom II WTD 61 "Flight Test"
Dutch Man posted a topic in Works in ProgressHello all. With an IRAF- F-4D Phantom II in the make, a kit for a group build, which does not come off, my modeling mojo is really rising with this Revell Boxing of a GAF F-4F Phantom II. Purchase of the kit was real cool and cheap, just before Covid-19 crisis broke all supply chains, I managed to collect my aftermarket stuff, just in time . After some comparison with a Tamiya F-4EJ, a lot of detail is somewhat copied to enhance the Revell kit's detail. Legend cockpit is not perfect, but it gives a good overall presentation. I really admire the Cockpit Guru's, way beyond my skills(so far, that I'm learning a lot). Changed the setting of the RIO's Dash. Still in process, pictures come later. I decided to glue as much as possible to build up a good base to work with. Fit is just excellent! For the wings I cut out the Flaps and will replace them with Tamiya parts. I glued the wings and fuselage after that, to leave it for almost a week. Wings got some superglue for filling possible gaps on the leading edge(from the inside). Came out perfect. Cockpit not finished yet, more details to add. Wheel well at the front is almost done, needs the landing gear and some extra wiring, coming from the gear. Rendition of the extra details I added to my Tamiya F-4EJ, which is also on the table. Difference is the shallow well Revell provides. Adjusting sizes results to this, happy with it. Another, not really sharp shot, of a Saturday morning built. Not the Cockpit Guru, but I'm happy with the RIO part of the pit. Screen has the typical Octa shape. Not very clear now, after some color modulation it will show up I hope. Size, shape and colors of the switches is a quest, happy with it(so far) Might change some sizes though, we will see. Some detail is just too big, down size the styrene will improve it I hope. The Nose Job. Oh my God... There goes another one... Well, this one was a real joy to do. Used AMS corrected Nose for this kit. Waku Waku!!! (Ak ow heb, dan zak ow) Glued with 4 Minute Epoxy, done in a Jiffy. Really Happy Me. Needs some work, re-scribing after sanding, etc. Shape is just very ok. Long Nose Phantom II, I dig it. Only minor corrections to be made with some filling, panel lines and rivets. Next... Moving surfaces, Intakes, Splitter plates... Glued in place, taking care not to interfere with future build steps on this part of the kit. But no problem, fixed it and. already sprayed with Mr. Color white Base. Smooth...as silk. Splitter plates dry fitted. Looks the part. The canon muzzle and looks. A bit rough. You can see there is some work left on the underside of the nose. Gun muzzle is glued and in position, as from my references, with a little kink. All to set now and let it dry. Will continue during the week with little jobs, like the main landing gear,( almost finished), Nose gear is still a work in progress, not happy with the size and shape of gear, plus I want thew wheels turned to left direction Hope you all like it so far. To be continued... Robert Jan