Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'JG2'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion & Research
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • KLP Publishing
    • Aerocraft Models
    • Synthetic Ordnance Works
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board
    • Traders Board
  • Modelling Q&A
    • Construction & Scratch-building
    • Painting & Finishing
    • Decals & Masks
    • 3D Printing
    • Photography
    • Miscellaneous Modelling Q&A


  • Community Calendar

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL




Found 1 result

  1. Building a D9 in 1/32 was always pretty high on my list, but somehow I never did. I was talking about it with a friend of mine, who told me: "I've got one in my stock, why don't you have a go?". So I did. (Thanks François!) So, here she is, almost straight out of the box: I chose a rather unknown aircraft: "White 68" of JG2. This specific D9 has a handpainted white number 68 on both sides of the rudder and the typical JG2 yellow-white-yellow bands on the fuselage. I kept the weathering as realistic as possible. These aircraft didn't fly too much, but the poor conditions of the airstrips and shelters needed to be shown. This kit is really a dream to build. Fit is nearly perfect, I don't think I used any putty except for the tiny sinkmarks in the propellor blades. I went easy and realistic on the weathering. No metal shining through the wingroots, just some primer and dirty bootprints. The underside of this D9 was interesting with dark grey at the front and RLM 76 on the aft part of the wings + the simplified crosses. This photo also shows the weathering of the propellor blades. I painted these brown with a brush, put tiny bits of maskol on it and sprayed them dark green. After removing the maskol, it looks like the wood of the blades can be seen... So, that's it for another late war bird in my collection. I hope you like how she turned out. Thanks for watching! Nic
  • Create New...