Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'D.Va'.
Found 2 results
Albatros D.Va - Seefrontstaffel 1
Zero77 posted a topic in Ready for InspectionHi ! It's my last finished model. I started it about 2 years and a half ago, stopped and restarted it several times. I even stripped the whole fuselage and repainted it as i was not satisfied of my first try of the sponge camo (yes i had to redo the whole wood grain finish of the fuselage....). But finally it's done, and i'm happy with it. It's an Albatros built Albatros D.Va of the Seefrontstaffel 1, flight by Lothar Weiland It's built mostly OOB except the very nice HGW Daimler radiator, Master brass Spandau barrels and sleaves, and a few details from Taurus in the engine (valves and rockers, sparkplugs...) and a few scratch built stuff. The rigging was made with EZ line and Gaspatch turnbuckles, with also a few microtubes cut to lenght. Painting the laminated wood with a realistic way was the last challenge of the build and took me about a whole day. But i think it was worth it, and i will reuse this technique for sure. It built smoothly as the fit is excellent, with no bad surprise. There is only one thing i always find scary with WNW kits : the undercariage is very soft, even a bit elastic. Recently i built a Nieuport 11 from Special Hobby, and the undercarriage is very stiff and looks strong, while the WNW undercarriage struts of my WNW models seems to be made of jello when even the slightest movement hit the model. Anyway, even soft and flexible, it seems to carry the weight of the model without any problem, so i think it's ok. Here is the link to the WIP thread : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=51336 Thanks for looking ! Nicolas
WnW Albatros D.Va
Zero77 posted a topic in Works in ProgressHi, Here is a build of mine, but actually it is idle at the moment (i will explain why...). I've starded it a few months ago, but put it apart, then restart it. I've done the cockpit, the engine, enclosed the fuse, painted the wings (but not very satisfied, i may repaint them later), and so on. The scheme i wanted to do is this one : So i started to make the wood first, and was very satisfied with the result (i did not wanted to use decals as anyway most of the plywood will be hidden by the sponge camo). Then i painted the tail yellow, with the former german cross visible by transparancy. Everything was going smooth. And then the tragedy : the camo. I totally missed up this damn camo. And because i'm dumb, i started to put on decals.... So at the moment, this nice model is waiting for her paint to be clean off, and i will repaint it all. With the same scheme (i'm a bit masochist....). So here are a few pictures of the cockpit, sorry for the bad quality (i forgot to shot more pictures before closing it) : It was a pain to put the control cables on the small pulleys (and make them straight !), but except that, i really enjoyed building it.