Hanriot 1/32

ermeio

Hello, changing from Discussion to in the works, I have some pics of the Hanriot :

this is a "work in progress since many years and I'm experimenting some scratchbuilding techniques and how they withstand age,

so here are the remains of some wing-building attempts, to test for warping

post-4-1084311240.jpg

Yeah, great to see some dont forget ´bout the early years of aviation! Those double-deckers of the early years of the last century had nice construction details, seems like a lot of fun for a scratchbuilder. How did you do the fuselage? And will you do some vac-forming for the wings or make them from wooden ribs like John Reid does with his 1/16 scalers?

keep it up,

Chris

Hello,

I try to use only plastic, so I planned to build the wings creating a ladder-like structure with evergreen strips upon the plan wing shape, shaping these strips to the wing profile, cover with thin plasticard embossed to represent the ribs (this is the method I used for the wing at the top).

That would be easier to show, but today I didn't find the DH2 wing and was not able to photograph some wings I have, but I'll try to post some more pics. This way of building produces wings that are prone to warping, even if the structure shows if the wings are seen in counterlight.

The more stable way to build wings is that used by Harry Woodman, with a balsa core covered with embossed plastic sheets (and this kind of construction was employed to build the wings at the centre, and the balsa pieces are wing cores), but I used also a variation, substituting the balsa with thick plasticard (this method was used for the wing at the bottom).

The fuselage is that showed: just needs a thin plasticard covering on the sides and thin embossed plasticard for the back.

er me