Erla G-10 painting in progress

Guest steve gallacci

Guest steve gallacci

I've got the build up to demo the conversion almost done. It will be an Italian machine, the one I used for much of the photo ref for the shapes.

Guest steve gallacci

Not what I intended. Apperently, the Erla G-10s were left unpainted, at lest everything I've found so far. Try to push the right buttons this time.

post-4-1090901065.jpg

Looking really sweet Steve, is the underside going to have anything else done to it? Interesting and different to have the underside left with a "refurb" kind of look. Either way, it looks like it'll finish up as a great build/paint job. Top work!

Ango.

Guest steve gallacci

On the underside, other than adding a little more oil dribble and outline crosses, that's pretty much it. As I'm doing this OOB, there are things that I'd do for extra detail in the wheel well that won't be added.

Guest steve gallacci

Here it is, pretty much done. It is a bit of a rushed job, as well as being OOB. I don't have the W.Nr. numbers or squadron codes, the wing crosses are a bit oversize and mislocated, and the canopy has temproarily fogged up, but you get the idea. The landing gear struts appear to be a light color (I assume RLM76) at the top and a darker color below (RLM02, or maybe red for the fuel??)